First impressions are telling. When we mention the news of our alliance with Conner Partners to those in the know, reactions typically start with a bit of a surprised pause. Yes, this is impressive.
A few facts on Conner Partners' track record:
- Client list includes one-third of Fortune 100 corporations
- First firm to provide change management training and consulting to the White House and U.S. Congress
- First U.S. firm to contract for change management with the former Soviet Union as it shifted to a free-market economy
- First firm invited by South African businesses to assist in managing the country's economic and social changes during its transition from Apartheid
- Only firm engaged to license change methodology to many of the global consulting firms (KPMG, E&Y, Andersen Consulting, IBM)
- 36 years with a single focus on Strategy Execution
Why did we look for a partner? In January this year, as we looked over the slowly recovering economy, we realized that the significant challenges facing Canadian organizations would require transformation and innovation - tightening performance in all areas from productivity, to quality, to safety, to sales effectiveness, to customer service; increasing innovation investment, culture and entrepreneurship; trade diversification and adjustment as well as increased sensitivity to competitive issues, pressures and opportunities.
That is, multiple and diverse change initiatives within each organization.
It became clear that the nature of these changes would require a comprehensive approach to Strategy Execution and a commitment to Benefits Realization. To broaden and deepen our offer we knew we wanted an international partner with deep experience in all sorts of high risk, transformational change.
Conner Partners (formerly ODR) stood out on the horizon: 35+ years of field research and service to diverse constituents as well as deep and proprietary intellectual capital around the multiple disciplines it takes to succeed.
Conner Partners, and founder Daryl Conner, have often worked in Canada. This alliance provides a forward Canadian base that can support more rigorous engagements. For more info on Conner Partners have a look at their website here (www.connerpartners.com).
What does is mean for you? It means more CHOICE. Choice always raises the performance bar. So now, whether your need is small and brief, or serious and extensive we are ready to serve.
Our joint Press Release is here if you are interested in the formalities. If you'd like a personal introduction or discussion around a particular topic, it would be our pleasure to come to you, just give us a ring or email.
The challenges of the decade are neither small nor insurmountable. Together we are ready to meet them head on.
In this issue of our newsletter we present two articles, one from Symphini and one from Conner Partners - enjoy.